Statistics is the science of conducting studies to collect, organize, summarize, analyze, and draw conclusions from data.
This semester we will cover:
· The Nature of Probability and Statistics
· Frequency Distributions and Graph
· Data Description
· Counting Techniques
· Discrete Probability Distributions
CODE OF CONDUCT
· Be respectful of yourself and others
· Be responsible for your own learning
· Be in class when the bell rings, ready to work
QUARTER CRITERIA GRADING SCALE
Tests 80% 90-100% A
Homework 20% 80-89% B
SEMESTER CRITERIA 70-79% C
Quarter 1 40% 60-69% D
Quarter 2 40% 0-55% F
Final Exam 20%
A student must pass two of the three areas in order to pass the semester.
All work missed due to absences must be made up according to the policy in the student handbook.
If the work is not made up in that time frame, the grade for that work will be a zero.
I encourage all students who are having trouble with the material to seek extra help.
I will be available before school, after school, and during Resource in room 207.